a journey through tonal collage


'oh..what a dreamy setting for creating...but where is the pink paper + sparkles?'...



As the children sketched and chatted about their favourite insect during Monday's first workshop at Riverbend books + teahouse, they realised that they needed to use a balance of different materials, in the same warm natural tone, to create interest in their collage. A few were stumped, they encouraged one another and regailed with tales of their own insect adventures...and the following work in progress and beaming smiles is evidence to me of creativity blossoming!...




I hope to collect a few more photos of finished work - sadly I missed my opportunity at the end to snap some and several went home with extra materials to add the finishing touches! [Photo's of my wonderful students shown here are used with permission]