cubes cubes cubes!


My, this week has flown by...running two different classes and designing exciting new SPRING holiday workshops, I have tumbled in to this weekend almost forgetting to post our painting adventures leading up to this week's Riverbend art+books workshop.!
I am so looking forward to this workshop as we wander our way through a beautiful book, 'Why I love Australia', noticing the stunning artwork and being inspired by the poetic prose. We will discuss the art of pattern, in particular tesillations and geometric pattern.
My second child LOVED this project, being very particular and precise, she rose to the challenge of selecting complimentary and neutral colours and designing a pattern using a grid of triangles! The project requires concentration and some fine brushwork, but I think the results are STUNNING! A very modern, abstract work of art on a lovely wooden substrate!