We are really excited and privilaged to have Melanie Finger running a Fashion Design series commencing next Tuesday afternoon at Riverbend Books + Teahouse, Bulimba.
Her experience would be invaluable to a child considering Fashion as a career or with a creative interest in this area.
Come and join us on Riverbend's stunning tree-enclosed deck for this wonderful experience - you won't be dissapointed!
I wanted to include an outline of the course just to peak your interest:
- Introduction to Fashion Forecasting and Trends including create a Mood Board for Design
- Introduction to Fashion Illustration/ figure drawing
- Elements and Principals of Design / ideas for your own ‘brand’
- Introduction to Colour and Fabrics/ Designing Fabric Prints
- (If time) Vintage clothing inspirations, small hands on design project.
The class will involve 10-15mins of theory and Q&A chat time, then 45 minutes of practical Work.
It is important to be in class for each week as students will complete a folio of designs over the 4 weeks.
Included in the price will be a folio for working in, all art/fabric/colour materials and inspiration.
Students will be encouraged to work in their folio in-between lessons. (but it is not required)
Melanie will also be providing a list of books that can further their experience.
Don't miss out! Places are limited and now filling fast!
The course will cost $100 for the four weeks, including all materials and inspiration.
Email email@example.com for more information!