I'm in love with triangles + tessellations


hmmm, maths + art...
who knew I could become addicted!
For those children who are mathematically minded, spatially aware and love puzzles - tessellations are for them! There are so many great printables online that children can design their own patterns and learn colour theory + design principles at the same time.
I played with the triangle this weekend in other ways and love the modern installation I will use in our art class tomorrow at Riverbend! This 'mini bunting' is a great way to use up fabric scraps and so easy for the children to make with only one stitch to hold!
Half the fun of an art class is the 'theatre' that comes together to inspire the children - from great literature + great artists to natural materials and creative installations!
I hope the children enjoy the classes as much as I love putting them together!